Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: (2015-06-15).
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the TACTIC | Portal (the “Service”) operated by Southpaw Technology Inc.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive
termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer: Legal information is not legal advice. Read the disclaimer.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Southpaw Technology, Inc. Southpaw Technology Inc. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Southpaw Technology Inc. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a
revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Disclaimer: Legal information is not legal advice. Read the disclaimer.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com
Use and Purpose of Collected Personally Identifiable Information
The term “Personally Identifiable Information” means your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, or any other personal information that, alone or in combination with other information, permits third parties to contact you physically or online.
Southpaw does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as soon as practicable. If you believe that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On our Website, we collect Personally Identifiable Information knowingly and voluntarily provided by you when you: (1) register for any service of Southpaw; (2) submit requests, suggestions, or other communications to us; (3) interact with the Website or Southpaw in any way that submits, releases or displays your Personally Identifiable Information to Southpaw. Southpaw may use your Personally Identifiable Information to: carry out the sales, sales solicitation, shipment of products, complete orders, and provide other services performed by us or third parties;
- advertise or promote our products or the products of third parties offered through the Website or third party partners;
- provide after-service or respond to inquiries and/or complaints;
- carry out marketing data surveys, statistics and/or analysis;
- create, send and utilize Mailing Lists;
- provide system maintenance or handle system malfunctions;
- develop new services and functions;
- contact you regarding your use of the Website or any Southpaw service;
- carry out identity verification and authentication services; and/or
- other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
We may also collect non-Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide, such as your occupation, affiliated companies, and general location. Additionally, we may collect technical information relating to your mobile phone, mobile device or computer and the way you interact with the Website, such as your IP address, browser type, and aggregate user data. This information is used to identify your internet browser, store your user preferences, authenticate user sessions, provide services, and determine whether you have installed the software necessary to access certain material or applications on the Website.
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties who help facilitate the Website (for example, by providing website development, statistical analyses, data processing, or sending communications to users), but for use solely in connection with facilitating the Website;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to financial institutions, credit card companies, collection enterprises, and other enterprises that process payments or represent the buyer or seller to facilitate payment owed to us or to a seller when you submit such Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes of effecting a purchase or other financial transaction;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to employees and contractors who owe us a duty of confidentiality in connection with a legitimate business purpose of Southpaw;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties, including, but not limited to, law enforcement agencies, state, local or federal governments, private litigants, and other companies, as may be required to (1) comply with lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders, (2) comply with applicable state, federal, or local law, (3) prevent fraud or other illegal activities from being perpetrated through the Website, or (4) protect the property, safety, or legal rights of Southpaw and its users;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party whom you have consented to receive your personal information;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliated companies or business successors of Southpaw; and/or
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties as otherwise separately and explicitly prescribed.
Third Parties Who May Collect Information
The following third parties may collect information through the Website, but (subject to Section 2) such information shall not include Personally Identifiable Information unless you post or publish such Personally Identifiable Information in areas of the Website accessible to other users or the public:
- third parties that help facilitate the Website may, from time to time, collect information through the Website in the course of providing support;
- Southpaw may share Website information with partners for marketing purposes;
- third parties may collect other information that you voluntarily post or publish through the Website in any way; and/or
- web-crawlers such as Google or Yahoo may collect information through the Website.
Southpaw supports secure online shopping using secure server technology because we want your shopping experience to be simple and safe. Southpaw will use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personally Identifiable Information stored in our servers and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect, and Southpaw is under no obligation to use such security measures. Furthermore, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are therefore not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties or of any unauthorized access or use of your Personally Identifiable Information made by third parties. Any disclosures that you make of your own volition to the Website or anyone else are made at your own risk.
If you ask us to delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our records, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to do so while retaining any record necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Even after removal, however, copies of your Personally Identifiable Information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. If you would like to contact us about the Personally Identifiable Information you have submitted, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Our Website includes order forms that you fill out to request information, products, and services. These forms collect your financial information, such as your banking details or credit card numbers. Southpaw will use any financial information that you submit solely for billing and payment purposes for that special transaction unless you grant permission for further use.
Possible additions to the Terms of Service Document
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may choose to hide or otherwise withhold displaying certain information on your public profile, including Personal Information, by making changes to your account information on the website.
Southpaw Technology Community
If you participate or contribute to Southpaw Technology’s forums, documentation-related pages, and other pages within the Southpaw Technology website (“Community”), the information you provide there (including your first and last name) will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Southpaw Technology, who have access to the Community. Also, please recognize that certain forums may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion within a forum or chat room is his or her own and does not reflect the opinion of Southpaw Technology. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display testimonials of customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. Such testimonials may include personal quotes along with the person’s name. If you wish to update or delete a testimonial or your personal quote, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org